FROM GOSPEL TO LIFE - FROM LIFE TO GOSPEL
The Rule, Article 4







Monday, January 25, 2010

THE TREE OF LIFE

by Bonaventure

Believing, hoping and loving
With my whole heart, with my whole mind
And with my whole strength,
May I be carried to you, beloved Jesus,
As to the goal of all things,
Because you alone are sufficient
You alone are good and pleasing
To those who seek you and love your name.
For you , my good Jesus,
Are the redeemer of the lost,
The savior of the redeemed
The hope of exiles,
The strength of laborers,
The sweet solace of anguished spirits,
The crown and dignity of the triumphant,
The unique reward and joy of all citizens of heaven ,
The renowned offspring of the supreme God
And the sublime fruit of the virginal womb,
The abundant fountain of all graces,
Of whose fullness we have all received.

No comments: