FROM GOSPEL TO LIFE - FROM LIFE TO GOSPEL
The Rule, Article 4







Saturday, February 26, 2011

Did You Miss Me?

I've been restricting myself from blogging lately. Somehow, some way, for some reason, I managed to twist and strain my shoulder to the point that typing was painful. So I stopped. My shoulder still hurts, but I have a bottle of knock-off Tylenol. So typing is now doable.

I've been using a voice activated word processing program some. It's great. But I have to get used to something totally different. That's challenging. But "I can do it, Yes I can, I'm...."

If you go to our meetings, I've been consistently gone. It has to do with weather. If I slip and fall, I could be in real trouble. I'm a bit unsteady on my feet for a lot of reasons. Ice renders me "unsteadier".

Forewarning the five or six people in the civilized world who read this blog regularly: If you come up to me and tell me about someone who has my set of symptoms and what awful thing happened to them, I MAY BITE YOUR HEAD OFF AND HAND IT TO YOU!!!!! Thank you, Jesus! Alleluia.

Don't take it personally. Er...Do take it personally. Also, don't ask if I'm a victim soul. I am in favor of avoiding all avoidable suffering. I'll offer up all unavoidable suffering. I'm doing this every time I can work it into a conversation. I probably won't do this with grandchildren under 12 or with my wife. I love the grandchildren, and I already do enough things to annoy my wife.

She is still the most phenomenal person I've ever met. For some reason, she seems to
still have patience with me. Could be I taught her to be patient.

How are you with patience? My belief is that most of us want others to be patient with our dumb moves while we skewer anyone who crosses us as being some grade of pond scum.

Have you ever wonder if most people who think this have the gift of discerning of spirits as really having a critical spirit?

My shoulder hurts.

What would Francis do? He'd be patient. He'd pray for all the politicians on both sides of the latrine...er...aisle. He'd point them to Jesus.

I'm against violence as a political answer. I hate to be reduced to trying to buy a politician. That's not Franciscan. That leaves intercession. Maybe we could parcel out our political leaders, so everyone got prayed for. Those we don't pray for and who later fail could be designated as "They didn't have a prayer."

Yeah, it snowed. Get over it.

No comments: