FROM GOSPEL TO LIFE - FROM LIFE TO GOSPEL
The Rule, Article 4







Wednesday, March 23, 2011

rEJECTION sLIPS

I have enough rejection slips to paper the roof of a small building. In the past, the very recent past, that was prone to leave me cranky. What does Cranky want? Attention. Acceptance. Affirmation. Acknowledgment.

There may be more tomorrow. There may be less. But it won't be much different. And I will be Cranky to the extent I stay stuck on and with me. Francis could give up leadership and become just one of the troops.

What Blogger or Blogette has transcended ego enough to give up their very identity? Without Cranky, I am like interchangeable with everyone. With Cranky, I dance. People back away, not wanting to get surrounded and overwhelmed. This is so much more fun than Tommy's relentless propriety. Cranky has a much better time.

That's why Tommy watches him some. Amusement. But he guards his daughter. And doesn't pick up the phone when the caller id says it's Cranky. He's not certain why. It's just something to be done.




No comments: